They are right there. Yep. Two amazing men in my life. I am so blessed to have them both!
Joe is doing wonderfully with fatherhood. He has changed every diaper but one. He has gotten up everytime I'm up. He helps me do whatever I need help doing. He loves his son uncontrollably and fatherhood truly looks great on him.
I am recovering nicely. Things could be so much worse and not much better. God has really blessed me. I just love it. All of it.
Paxton is doing great. He is so tiny and I've said it 1000 times but he smells like heaven. If heaven has a smell, I think it's called Paxton. Everything from his butt to his head to his toes. True love, pure bliss.
Today Paxton is over a week old and the time seems to have flown by. I just can't believe it. He started out this little monster and although he still is, he's my growing little monster. Everyone comments on how alert he is for such a little baby. He just loves to open his big blue gray eyes and take in the world.
Where have the past 9 days go? I remember (kind of) day one in the hospital and I wouldn't trade the way anything went. Everything from that day on has gotten better. The lack of sleep is tiring but worth it. The crying is heartbreaking but lovely. To know this human depends on us is so neat. Neat is a good word to describe it.
I think one of the silliest things about you is everyone said how big you would be. You weren't. You were tiny. Everyone said to limit the amount of newborn sizes we got you because you'd grow out of them so fast. We go through the 6 newborn sleepers every 2 days it seems. They are even big on you. Mmmmm. I love you!
Okay. This was all over the place but hey, it got the job done.
Needless to say, I love my God for giving me these blessings. I love my husband for giving me this son and I love you, Paxton, for giving me a true meaning to life.
No comments:
Post a Comment