When you are young, or better yet, before you have children, love songs are always meant for that special person in your life. The boy you like, your boyfriend, your husband....the lyrics always seem to have been written just for you. Then you get "your song" and it describes your relationship. All the love between the two people. Now that I have you in my life...I realize those songs were all written for me and you. For some reason I've had the same song running through my head all day and even thinking of the lyrics, I'm brought to tears. Paxton, I've found "our song".
I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
Far away and dreaming
I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Well, every moment spent with you
Is a moment I treasure
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
Lying close to you
Feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what you're dreaming
Wondering if it's me you're seeing
Then I kiss your eyes and thank God we're together
And I just wanna stay with you
In this moment forever, forever and ever
I don't wanna close my eyes
I don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
I don't wanna miss one smile
I don't wanna miss one kiss
Well, I just wanna be with you
Right here with you, just like this
I just wanna hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time
Don't wanna close my eyes
Don't wanna fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing
'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
'Cause I'd still miss you, babe
And I don't wanna miss a thing....
..............................................................
Today you are 15 days old (2 weeks 1 day) and you are again, more amazing than yesterday. You must doing some growing because you are quite sleepy today. You woke up, ate, slept, woke up, ate, slept, woke up, ate and now you are on the third sleep. You are a tired little taquito! We had a doctors appointment today and she was please with your 5 ounces you've gained. Mommy and Daddy were worried that she wouldn't think that was enough but she actually said that was more than she expected! Way to go little monster. Last night, however, you were awake for a while and mommy stayed up with you. Daddy has been doing it so much that I thought it was time for him to get some sleep. What was I thinking???
Let me see, oh, yes, I forgot to mention how strong you are getting! You can lift your head up and hold it for a while. You even show a little control as opposed to just being a floppy baby head. You are so advanced for your young age :) I'm already proud of you. I'd be proud of you even if you didn't hold your head up though!
Your grandpa and uncle are here visiting you. Grandpa likes to hold you. So does uncle David. You like being held by just about anyone, but of course mommy and daddy are the best!
Okay, well it's time for mommy to get back to watching you sleep!
I love you Paxton Marshall!
1 comment:
Isn't that song just perfect.
How sweet :)
Post a Comment