06 June 2012

Busy as a Bee :)

What a busy week we've had and it's only Wednesday :)

Last Saturday I had several errands to run before a movie with friends.  We saw the new Snow White movie that came out.  It was good, but left a little out for my romantic taste.  It was mostly just a meaty story with little room for love.  I'm not a big movie go-er anyway but it was time well spent with sweet friends and salty popcorn!  

Sunday was church followed by a classy farewell party that afternoon. The boys each moved up to their new classes.  Thing 1 was SO excited.  His old teacher poked his head in to see how he was doing and he said "Mr. Marlon you don't have to check on me because you're not my teacher now. I'm in my bigger class because I'm 4".  Poor Mr. Marlon!  He and Ms. Susan were fabulous and we'll miss them loving on our baby :).  Thing 2 did WONDERFULLY in his new room also.  He's grown so attached to his teachers but his new room has a train table so really, he's fine ;)  Now that he is in the 2 year old class he gets to go sing and watch puppets every week.  Their teachers told me they sat by each other and hugged and held hands.  My babies are best friends and for that, I am ever so grateful.  That afternoon was the classy party.  It was a girls only event and it was a fun way to send her off in style!  And when you're a stay at home mom, you'll take any reason you can get to put on a pretty dress <3


When I got home from the party the boys were still awake so I snapped a picture of them getting their bedtime story.  What an amazing Daddy they have.  These moments completely melt my heart!

Monday we ran errands and I prepped for Bunco that evening.  I had the opportunity to host and loved it!  I enjoy having company and putting together meals and decor.  Daddy took the boys on several errands so we could be boy free but when they got back, the boys soaked up all the attention they could get!  11 women, 2 sweet little boys.  Yeah, they were in heaven!  Daddy even got complements!  When he walked in he went to the kitchen and started cleaning and putting stuff up.  People were amazed and commented on how their husbands would have gone straight for the bedroom and never touched a dirty dish, especially one they didn't dirty.  I secretly think Joe just got a little rush from loading things into the dishwasher as we usually wash all of our dishes by hand.  Our dishwasher is like a guilty pleasure.  

Tuesday we had friends over to play and today we went to a friends house to play.  They boys had a great time with their sweet friends, J&C.  I love having a little pair of brothers close in age for my boys to play with.  It's like a perfect playdate :)

I snapped this picture before we headed out the door this morning.  Best. Stinking. Friends!


Which brings me to another point. Joe has 7 first cousins.  Two of them are a set of brothers.  We had the pleasure of spending time with them on vacation in Florida this year and I told Joe more than once "THAT is how I want my boys to be.".  They are kind, respectful young men who get along with each other.  In fact, they seem to genuinely enjoy being around each other.  They each have hobbies and interests but to see teenage boys with the perfect mix of maturity and "kidness" just makes my heart smile.  I want my kids to respect their grandparents and parents and have a love for activity like they do.  I pray we instill the same qualities in our children as Joe's aunt and uncle have instilled in theirs.  

Well tomorrow is therapy and Friday is a rest day since we've been so go go go this week!  Happy Wednesday Friends!

No comments: