My sweet babies :)
Brotherly love. Poor Libby!
I'm back. I'm less tired. I'm more productive. I'm healthier. I'm more educated. (Okay, not really to the last one but I'm deeming myself so as the official holder of a college degree).
My sweet husband has been a rock. Since I have been in school he has taken care of the boys every second he was home. Cleaned up after dinner. Bathed kids. Put them to bed. And lots of other little stuff that when added up makes really really big stuff. He did it so I could graduate. He has never once told me I couldn't do it. Or that I shouldn't. Or that it was a waste of our money or time. But he encouraged me to do it because I wanted to. So I did. And I'm done :) I love him. Lots.
The healthier thing I mentioned is a fun one too. I've lost a total of 34 pounds this year. I don't talk about it much but this is my blog. So here, I will ;) I don't subscribe to the "1200 calorie diet" much. I did in the beginning and thankfully I got smart and actually did some research and read on several forums and topics and consulted health professionals I trusted. I'm still losing fat. And I'm gaining muscle. And praise the Lord I'm EATING. I eat around 1900 calories a day. Mostly healthy food, but I eat some form of junk daily. Because I like it. And I can. When I "go overboard", my scale doesn't go up the next day. Because it's used to food and it knows how to process food. When I go on week long vacations where I don't pay an ounce of attention to what I'm eating, I don't gain an ounce. Because my body LOVES fuel. It needs it to run and I'm just beyond thrilled that I learned it early enough on without doing damage to my metabolism. I don't spend hours (or even minutes) doing the whole cardio thing. When I do work out these days (it's been a busy month so the gym hasn't seen me....at all) it's lifting weights or the occasional slow uphill walk on the treadmill...and honestly, that's only so I can watch MTV or E! (Hey, we don't have cable at home so it's a guilty pleasure).
And the less tired thing. Almost every night we're in bed before 10. It feels SO good to sleep. Instead of running on 5-6 hours I'm going on 8-9.
I just wanted to say hi. And we're back. For good this time :)
3 comments:
YAY!!! You're back! Love you, sister! Congrats on the weight loss!!! I need to sort out how to eat that much and not gain. I'm down 30, myself. :D It's a great feeling!
It IS a great feeling and YOU deserve it! You're beautiful inside and out :) Miss and LOVE you!
Have you looked into TDEE and BMR yet? It's a great place to start gathering info on good base numbers!
I haven't... Off to google during nap when I can steal a minute on the computer.
Post a Comment