In January we had a sweet little boy turn 1! That was his first piece of cake. :)
In February the weather was nice enough to play outside. So we did! See E in the middle of his little run. So sweet.
In March we had a 3 year old. 3??? The time has gone by so quickly. In a few short months he'll be 4. Sigh.
In April we took a last minute trip to Florida to visit the boys Great Grandparents on Joe's side. It was a wonderful trip and I think this year will be even better! We'll be driving instead of flying this time.
April was also stressful for me. I had some growing pains and had to deal with a lot of things that didn't feel good emotionally. I'm SO grateful God allowed me to walk that journey though because the people I've met and become close to because of it are irreplaceable. I do still have some friends that I had before but essentially I did a cleanse and the good stayed while the toxic ones left. I can honestly say, 8 months later, my relationship with God is amazing, my family life is fabulous and my friends are the good kind. The real kind. The kind that give as much as they receive. They don't ever try to be someone they're not. It's just...nice.
In May we celebrated Mother's Day and I was given a day to remember why I'm so blessed <3
We also had a cute little Hokie fan running around the house ;)
And a cheesy little 3 year old ;)
In June we took a trip to visit my Mom in OK. Just me and the boys. I'd say a good time was had by all. The boys were mostly well behaved and traveled well.
In July my Mom took the boys for a week (PRAISE THE LORD) and Joe and I had our first 5 days without kids in over 3 years. It was so nice and peaceful. I'm hoping Grammy wants to do that one again this year....hint hint.
In August we headed back to Oklahoma to celebrate the life of my Great Grandpa. He passed away after various illnesses. He was in his 90s.
In September we found an activity in the kitchen that E actually enjoyed and didn't go too crazy with.
And P helped Mommy cook :)
In October the big man went from his toddler bed to his super awesome big boy bed. He loves it!
That good lookin' fella and I also celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. Here is to at least 2 more ;) Okay, or 20...or 50...or whatever!
In November I got one of my favorite pictures of the boys to date. They were both playing so well that day and just as sweet to each other as can be. It didn't last long but hey, look how happy they look :)
We also got FABULOUS family photos taken. Amber at tworedsisters did GREAT! We will absolutely be using her for years to come!
In December the boys acted like they liked each other...
Wore dresses with Mags...
We were invaded by SuperWhy!....
And the baby decided to say bye-bye to diapers! He isn't even two, he doesn't say more than 15-20 words (and that includes sounds) but he poops and pees in the potty. I might be a little proud, but I can say that here being this is my blog ;) Hence the photo below, my 23 month old in undies...go Mickey butt, go!
So, 2011. You were, for the most part, good to me! I never went hungry, I never wondered how the bills would get paid. I was never cold at night and I also had people supporting me, however I needed it. God provided. Funny how He does that, isn't it?
Here is to an even more amazing 2012. Bring it on!

















1 comment:
The boys are so stinkin' cute. LOVE your recap! I just might steal this idea ;)
Post a Comment