Oh my handsome devils. I tell you what. Does Thing 1 not exude awesomeness in all forms? Thing 2 is pretty cool as well, big bug eyes and all.
Thing 1 really is doing great. He decided that he was ready to learn to go potty on the big kid potty and it has been much easier than I could ever have imagined. We went from diapers to naked and in two days had two accidents. We've had 3 since then and one was my fault as I didn't put him in a diaper at nap time. Oops. He was really sad about it. He also had an accident while playing with a friend but bless his heart it really upset him and we're back on track. We even took a 5 hour car ride and had no issues. I'm telling you there is no right age or right way to do this, I don't think at least. Just a kid that was ready and it was as easy as can be. Mind you we didn't leave the house for a week and he was nekkie the whole time but he did GREAT. I'm a proud (and thankful!) mama, that's for sure! Not too mention he looks so adorable in his undies. He's also getting more and more verbal by the second. He strings together full on sentences. "Mommy, come on mommy, come play mommy, baby eat snack, i need poop mommy" I didn't say they were coherent sentences but beggars can't be choosers!
Thing 2 is a piece of work getting better. There is no in between for him. He's either on or off. He'll be a perfectly happy normal sweet cooing baby and SNAP a pterodactyl screeching is unleashed. He's cute though, so that makes up for it. Babies are peaceful when they sleep but he is like a whole new level of calm and it's beautiful. Wipes away all of the hard times with him. He's also a busy little baby. At 3 months he could easily roll over both ways and at 4 months he is "scooting" around. Not really scooting like milestone scooting but more in the he can get somewhere on his belly by schooching his little tush up and down. You can tell just by looking at him he wants to run already. He adores watching Thing 1 run around and play so freely. One day, Thing 2, one day.
On the Ma and Pa front, we're doing well. We took a trip to Texas to celebrate a friend of Paxton's 3rd birthday. It was a lovely trip and we had SUCH a wonderful time. Kid was out of whack because he is so used to his schedule but I think he adjusted quite nicely. We just relaxed and ate and played and visited and it was the perfect little getaway for us. I can tell you, though, any longer a trip in the car with Thing 2 and I think I'd be ready to jump out the window. To say he doesn't like being in the car is an understatement. Whereas many babies blissfully fall asleep when they are tired in a car, he decides to scream. Then, when he is done screaming, he screams some more. We moved him to the Britax already and it does seem to make about a 39.84% difference (okay, I made that up, but it IS a little better).
We've also gone down to basic cable. It's easy for me. I watch much less TV and we catch what we miss on Hulu (as we also got rid of DVR). We'll get our full cable back for football season though, don't worry. We aren't THAT crazy.
Off to get a nice glass of iced tea before they wake up from nap.
Happy Tuesday <3


3 comments:
Yea Paxton!! Thats awesome! 5 hours in a car and no issues!! Thats great!!
Yea Emory!! scooting all ready . . watch out Mama!! He's gonna be all over the place soon then they'll be in opposite directions like my two. :)
I just realized that i had your blog address wrong (the old one) in my blog roll and thats how i check up on you. It's fixed now!! :)
Love the pictures!! Their hats are adorable!!
Can I just say that your blogs always bring a smile to my face :O) I just love your choice of words...!!! Cute kiddos you have!!
wow, i feel like i could catch up on everything a little after reading about your days and trips! I'm so happy for you guys and love and miss you very much!!!
Post a Comment