Oh boy. It's been a long time since I've blogged. We've been busy and sick and then busy again. I'm not sure where we last left off but let me try to recap.
Paxton started to get sick around the 10th. We didn't know what was up but we knew something was. His tummy was very upset and his diapers were NOT lovely. In fact, quite the opposite. We actually chose to stop using cloth for a week because they were so bad and so frequent. We went to the doctor and they said it was more than likely just a virus and we kind of had to wait it out. That was hard on us, knowing he wasn't feeling well and not being able to do much for him. :( That weekend Joe's grandparents came to visit for the holidays. It was nice to be able to spend time with them. It's hard because we have so much family so far away and don't get to spend near enough time with them. Paxton had his first Christmas time celebration and he spent lots of time tearing little pieces of paper off his gift one piece by one piece. He enjoyed it and it was just a lovely little preview to what the Christmas season will bring this year. A happy little baby Paxton :) Honestly, to see him happy with lights and people and family and wrapping paper makes my year!
Last week Paxton was still not feeling well and Joe and I started heading south as well. So much to the point where Joe actually stayed home from work two days. If you know him that is NOT the norm. In fact, that is the first time he's taken sick time for actually being sick (as opposed to appointments and my hospital time this year). The week went on and so did we! Thankfully we're all better now and we're getting back into the swing of things.
This past weekend we went to Memphis for a day with Brandon and Jessica and had a great time. We went to Beale St and ate at Hardrock. We also went to the mall and had fun riding the Merry-go-round, getting massages and doing a little shopping. It was just a nice day out.
Yesterday I had to make up 4 army hours and that wasn't too bad. My friend Tracy kept Paxton and she said he was a gem. He usually does pretty good with other people and the fact she has her own little guy helps! She's keeping him tomorrow for us as well so I can make up 4 more hours.
Today was our play group Thanksgiving potluck and we had a good time! Paxton ate some blueberry applesauce. That was his holiday feast :) He always has fun with his friends and I love the time he has with them. When he spends more time with them, I notice he picks up on more things. After a day with Connor he was able to use his pinchers and pick up food and put it right in his mouth. I was so proud of him. Oh oh, he's also saying dada :) He's been doing that for a few weeks now but I had to throw it in.
Well, it's off to finish getting ready for our trip to Oklahoma this week! I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Thanksgiving holiday :)
3 comments:
I have missed reading your blog! Glad that your sweet little man is better ~ And I am starting to think that J and P might be a match made in heaven based upon the fact they both have hats on their head all the time! He looks so stinkin kissable Meg.
Thinking of you guys ~ Enjoy Thanksgiving ~ our children are the ultimate reminder of gratitude at all times.
Way to go Paxton with that pincher grip! :D I luffs you guys.
Melissa....Paxton is taken :)
Megan- Happy Thanksgiving. I know you'll enjoy it with your wonderful family.
Post a Comment