20 June 2008

It's been so long




Wow, time flies when you are raising a baby.  It seems I always find something better to do than blog.  Well, I've decided that laundry is not as important as writing down our daily doings and such.  Those 10 work shirts of Joe's will still be there when I'm done!
So much has happened.  The good, the stressful, the normal.  Paxton is still so tiny and sweet.  I know everyone is so used to squishy babies so when they see him I think they are a little shocked.  He is perfectly perfect.  He is exactly the size he is supposed to be!  I started getting him weighed about once a week and he always grows a little.  He is around 25 inches long and as of today, 10lbs3oz.  He has definitely filled out in the face and even has some chubby thighs...well at least chubby for us :).  He has graduated into his 3 month onesies but still only newborn size pants fit him..and only the stretchy kind.  We just wear the rompers, they are much easier and look more complete then a baby with nothing covering his poor little legs!
At times I was getting overly concerned about his weight.  He is still, however, proving to me daily that he is doing just fine!  Last night I put him on the floor on his tummy.  Ms Kristal was watching him with me and within a second of me putting him down, he rolled right over to his back.  Maybe just a fluke?  Nope.  3-4 more times this happened!  It's like his head was so big it just rolled him right over.  He was having a grand ol' time.  We then picked up the phone to call Grandma Denise (GG) and he had a nice 45 second conversation with her.  She informed me that he told her that he slept, ate and pooped that day.  She must really understand baby because that is pretty much exactly what he did that day.  
It was nice having Kristal over because she held on to my happy man while I got a few things done.  A little laundry put up, a cake baked and dinner was enough to make me feel accomplished for the day!  I also made some calls that day and enrolled in college for the fall.
Speaking of that.  College is getting more and more expensive.  I'm so glad that I won't be taking out any loans for the time being.  If that were the case, it's like you take out loans to go to college to get a better job to make more money to pay off the loans.  Vicious cycle I tell you.  Joe's got this great set up where for every year he is with his company, he gets 2500 to pay towards his loans.  We get any money back that is leftover so after next year, his will be payed off and we'll be good!
Back to the important stuff...the baby!  He is now sleeping through the night.  He wakes up anywhere between 4-6 to eat and then goes back to sleep for about 3 hours or so.  It really is great to have such an easy baby.  I simply love it!
Both grandpas were in town for Father's day.  That was nice.  We had a nice dinner and Paxton got to spend some good time with family.  We even got a picture of his 2 year old cousin holding him.  It was very cute, however, I'm not really sure she knew what to think.  It was kind of like "why is this baby on me, I like to touch him but you guys just crossed the line".  They'll appreciate the pictures when they are older though!
We have been going to our play group once a week and we both have a great time.  I know he doesn't do too much playing now but it is so good for me and I know the interaction really will help him in the long run.  It's good for both of us in forming friendships as well...this is really when it all starts!  I want him to grow up with some of those friends that he has "had forever".  
We have a lot coming up and I'm excited about it!  We will be going to Florida for Paxton's Great Grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary.  He will meet a lot of family that he hasn't yet been introduced to.  It will be a good time!  It will also be our first time at a pool/beach so we'll see how that goes!  He loves baths so I see this being a good thing.  We probably won't spend too much time out though because of the heat/sun.  A dehydrated baby is not a happy baby! :)
Well, look for more updates because this will become a regular thing!

1 comment:

gg said...

How adorable! I remember that conversation very well.. I love it that I can see him as much as I want (on here that is)..Thanks!