Paxton has realized that if he doesn't want to be on his tummy, he doesn't have to be. What a smart little boy!
This weekend was quite a busy little weekend. Saturday Grandpa and Grandma and Cousin Katelyn came over. Despite my best attempts to keep him awake to visit, the little man gets tired and needs his naps. Katelyn is always sweet when Paxton is napping. She just puts her hand on his head and says "shhhhhh". I think she is ready for him to get bigger though so she can have someone to play with! Grandpa and Joe loaded up a wood splitter thingamabob. Now our backyard is actually resembling a back yard. Now we just need to get some rather large bushes for shade. Paxton will love playing in that back yard one day!
Saturday afternoon we decided to go to the mall. Paxton was a champ. Daddy held him the entire time and he faced outwards and just took everything in. He smiled and ooooohhhh and awwwwwwed. It was cute. We actually found some shorts to fit him and we needed some for Florida. Even daddy thinks they are cute! We decided to get a pretzel and Paxton just reclined in his stroller while we relaxed on the bench. It was really nice. It felt very "family-ish".
Saturday night Paxton napped while mommy and daddy watched a movie. We've decided we like the $1 red box movie rentals. They are budget friendly :)
Sunday morning we went to church. For the first time ever, I had to take him out and feed him and we actually didn't return to service. Poor daddy sat up front with our car seat and April's carseat all by himself. After church we went to the zoo. I loved going with April and the kids. Izzy (Isabelle, their daughter) is so much fun. She is at this great age. I love talking to her because not only does she repeat EVERYTHING but she repeats it over and over. For instance, one afternoon we were over there and Paxton was fussy. We told her that Baby Paxton was fussy. If I recall, most of the afternoon was spent hearing Izzy tell us "Baby Fussy, baby fussy, baby fussy, baby fussy...." I could go on. It is just remarkably cute in her cute little girly voice. After the zoo, we came home and after Paxton ate, Paxton and I took a much needed two hour nap! It was lovely. Thank you daddy for allowing this to happen. After nap was dinner, bath and bed. The bath was so much fun. Paxton was kicking so hard that he was splashing water out of the tub. We have a deep tub, so he was kicking rather hard. We actually called GG and Grandma to let them hear how hard his little legs were going!
After this bath came dinner for Paxton and then something wonderful. He was knocked out by 1015 and we didn't say good morning until 645!!! That's right, he slept for 8.5 hours!!!!!! It was divine. That was the most consistent sleep I have had since he was born. I'm not expecting it to happen again but if it does....well I promise, I won't complain!
Alas, laundry is calling....again...
T minus 5 days and we leave for Florida! Can't wait!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment