20 January 2014

Emory is Four

This weekend we had the most wonderful time.  We got to celebrate this little ball of fire.  The good kind of fire.  The kind that warms your soul and lights the way. Oh, how there is no other child just like him.  My Emory is a one-of-a-kind, they broke the mold kind of kid.   

He has cool blue eyes that stand out so brightly.  Neither his Daddy nor I have blue eyes.  He stands out in our tiny crowd.



He is just cool.  Really really cool.  He has his own way of doing things and is definitely 100% sure of himself.  Don't lose that trait, sweet boy.


He is so very silly and makes messes with the best of them.  


He's a builder, a climber, a jumper, a whiner :)


He has a smiley little disposition that can come and go with the snap of a finger.  The angry eyes come out too, but honestly, they're cute. 


He is a wild one.  Look at that shirt.  And that hair.  I mean, wild, right?

This picture was taken about a year ago.  His sweet friend Greta, whom he happens to share a birthday with, got that for him.  Ironically, they got him a TMNT shirt this year too.  He loves it and says it is his "favorite shirt I never saw".  


Oh, and then now.  Now he is a 4 year old.  He is so smart.  So silly.  So strong.  So determined.  He is the perfect middle child.  Some say the middle one gets lost in the shuffle but there is no way this little guy will ever get lost.  He adores his big brother.  He showers his baby brother with affection (I love that he calls him "Wemmox".  He helps mommy clean and he STILL naps daily (because of this he may or may not be my favorite every day from 1-3). 

Emory, you have been a roller coaster.  Again, the good kind.  There have definitely been times where my tummy has been in knots wondering what is coming next. But you have surprised us daily and having you as our son is something we could have never imagined and something we cherish.  I can only imagine how awesome you will continue to be.  Here is to working on year five. Make it a good one.    



I love you, son.  Every day, hour, minute and second of my life, I love you!

No comments: